Also, users can flash Stock ROMs directly using Xiaomi flash tool. Xiaomi stock firmware only can be flashed in fastboot mode or EDL Mode. If you have installed a Custom ROM and looking forward to getting back to the original MIUI Xiaomi flash tool is the best option.
Once your device has been selected, you must click the “Flash” button. Once complete, your device will be unbricked and restored to factory settings. To unbrick your Xiaomi device, you will need to download the stock ROM for your device. You can find the appropriate ROM on the Xiaomi website.
- The progress bar will indicate the overall progress of the stock Android firmware flashing process and the ‘status’ will show the current partitions being flashed.
- Then navigate to the location where the Fastboot ROM was extracted, select the folder (do not select the ‘images’ folder instead), and click ‘OK’.
- Like installing CyanogenMod with CyanogenMod installation shall also install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM).
- The ROM files on this page are the official ROM published by Xiaomi.
- Since then, I have been tinkering with OS, mobile phones, and other things.
However, both these methods call for quite a lot of manual efforts. This is why users prefer to flash the firmware via TWRP. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. So without further ado, here are the required instructions to install the MIUI Stock ROM on Xiaomi devices via the TWRP Recovery. To upgrade, update or fix minor software problems on your phone, flashing via stock Mi recovery is recommended.
- There are benefits of going from a custom ROM to a stock ROM, too.
- Besides, it is also essential to install the latest ADB binaries on your PC.
- Once the flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Success Message in Xiaomi Flash Tool.
- Xiaomi 11i Hypercharge is Powered by MediaTek Dimensity 920 5G 6nm Latest Chipset.
- In conclusion, when deciding which ROM to flash onto a Xiaomi device, users should weigh the pros and cons of both stock and custom ROMs.
Flashing will fix software issues, IMEI related issues, and improve device performance. Android flash files are files that are added to the system or completely replace the system. You can make changes not only to flash files/system partitions but also to other partitions such as boot partition or user data. Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile.
Unlike a Recovery ROM, installing a Fastboot ROM requires your device to have an unlocked bootloader. If you haven’t done this already, then just download the official Mi Unlock Tool and follow the instructions here. Regular software updates are a major contributing factor to a manufacturer’s success in this competitive smartphone market. Xiaomi is an Android device maker that releases MIUI software updates for all its devices on a regular basis.